I Create Original Art
I decided to do my black and white drawing on the Parthenon. I had the option of choosing either that or a picture relating to rock music and I chose that because it was more unique and looked much better than my other final.To me my whole art piece was unique compared to the whole class. Most people chose either American or music themed pictures and I decided to do mine on Greek architecture. I used a couple of pictures from the Parthenon as seen from above and below but I decided to draw the picture at a different angle and one that would be the best to show the transition from black to white. I also incorporated some of the stones and I knew that the stairs were going to be a pain to draw so I changed them up with solid bulky black lines. I think the renovations turned out well.
I Developed My Art Making Skills
The whole idea of cutting out black paper and gluing it over white paper what pretty nI had trouble understanding how the artwork would turn out and fit into what I thought it would look like. It was pretty challenging to cut out my art considering it had a bunch of very narrow black spaces and shapes. I wound up having to glue half of my picture back into place because of how it was designed. Although cutting seems like a childish effort and action it is very difficult. If you're not precise enough you could ruin your whole art piece. That was one of my main concerns with doing this project. I had used the X-Acto knife before in middle school so I was kind of used to it. I managed to cut my whole piece out without cutting a piece that needed to be connected off which I thought was a pretty good accomplishment.
I Take Risks
After I was done drawing my picture I wasn't even sure if I was going to be able to finish it. I actually saw it in terms of cutting after I drew it and realized that it would be really hard to cut out due to all of the very small pieces and shapes. I guess you could say I took a risk on the whole art piece. The technique of cutting out a color of paper and gluing it to a different color of paper to show contrast was very new to me. I had done some work with contrast in middle school art classes but they were mostly pictures not paper cutouts. It was very challenging to be able to cut this out with precision and also although this is pretty sad to admit one of the most challenging things besides cutting it out was gluing the paper to a different sheet. Since there were very thin pieces it was hard to glue it all together. Also by the time I had moved to the thin pieces that required more patience to glue, the parts that I glued first became less stick the whole project was a challenge but I managed to get it done and I think it looks nice.